Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One of my many projects

I know it is spring and summer will soon be here too. But, honestly does that matter when it comes to crocheting? For me, no. I love to do it year around. Each season brings new inspiration from color combinations to fashion trends to new projects. I have a list of things to make and a collection of patterns that keeps growing. But, right know I am slowing but surely working on my own version of this afghan that Dottie Angel has in her company. I asked her about it and she said she bought it off of Etsy. So, the good thing about creating works of art no matter what material or medium that you use, you can recreate with putting your own twist on it.

Check out Dottie Angel's Flickr Photostream for more inspiration.
Here is the pattern that I am using for the granny squares.

I have no idea how I am going to put all these babies together and I still haven't found a rose motif pattern that I am happy with yet. So, if you guys and gals come across something that might work will you please pass it along. But, don't worry quite yet because I have to make a ton more squares.

One more request . . . please post what you have been working on lately. Please?

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, good luck! it looks so pretty! i'm excited for you. i ALWAYS start crocheting like crazy in the wintertime, and it dies in the summer. congrats! goood luck! i can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am knitting a baby beanie, making a few cards, and refinishing some old metal drawers (I forgot to mention that earlier).

    ReplyDelete