Thursday, June 3, 2010

Recycled - Upcycled Sweaters

Okay, I know this whole thing about upcycling sweaters and using the yarn for another project has been around for a while, but I just came across it last night. It is brilliant! Yarn is so expense especially good quality yarn.

I found a couple of tutorials that explain the whole process better. Craftstylish and Craftzine

Holy cows, are you as excited I am!? I will never look at a thrift store the same again. Think about all the over/undersized sweaters that won't come close to fitting you but the yarn is fabulous. Think about all the ugly sweaters that are made out of wool or cashmere. How about your own closet? Or does your someone in your family have a sweater that is ugly or doesn't fit anyone? And think about garage sales too!

I can't wait until Monday when the Salvation Army here in town has all their clothes 50% off! Yikes! I might be going a little crazy!

Upcycled yarn from a thrifted sweater

Recycled yarn from a sweater bought on Etsy


Remains from a recycled sweater

Peach Berry Twist Recycled Handspun Yarn from a Sweater
Have you guys tried this yet? If not, have I inspired you to start?

1 comment: