Friday, February 26, 2010

Baseball Inspired

My boyfriend, Art, writes for examiner.com as a Wyoming Sports writer. Yesterday he asked me if I could take a picture of a baseball in the snow. I hopped on the challenge. He was writing an article on how the current baseball season is underway. He just posted his article. Click here
to read it. It is so good and I am not just being bias. :D






I thought I would add some baseball quotes here to help get all those baseball pictures into the scrapbook. I know I have a ton.

"You miss every pitch you don't swing at."

"It ain't over 'til it's over. ~Yogi Berra

"Hitting is 90 percent mental. The other 10% is mental." ~ ADV

"Be quick, not fast. The difference is that quick is under control." ~ ADV

"Pitchers are like tea bags. You don't know if either is any good until they are in water." ~Charlie Lau

"What does a mama bear on birth control have in common with World Series? No cubs." ~Harry Caray (Chicago Cubs late announcer)

"I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make hitters miss the ball and tried to make them hit it." Hall of Fame left-hander, Sandy Koufax

This is a game to be savored, not gulped. There's time to discuss everything between pitches or between innings. ~Bill Veeck

A baseball park is the one place where a man's wife doesn't mind his getting excited over somebody else's curves. ~Brendan Francis

Things could be worse. Suppose your errors were counted and published every day, like those of a baseball player. ~Author Unknown


You will always miss 100% of the balls you don't take.

Baseball is the only place in life where a sacrifice is really appreciated. ~Author Unknown

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. ~Frederick B. Wilcox

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Life will always throw you curves, just keep fouling them off... the right pitch will come, but when it does, be prepared to run the bases. ~Rick Maksian

You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile. ~Tom Clark

"It helps if the hitter thinks you're a little crazy." ~ Nolan Ryan

"One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to, reach down and prove something." ~ Nolan Ryan

I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby

No comments:

Post a Comment