Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Rewind

This birthday will be one to remember. My day started with lunch date with my girlfriend, Jessica, who I adore. Later Friday evening, I got a home cooked meal full of tons of veggies, a homemade card, a movie date, and we 'Walked for Women' on Saturday. It was so neat to be part of something so touching and donate my time to such a heartfelt cause. I also got a few love-birthday poems written by my love. Here is one that I will share. . . Doesn't it make you melt?!
February Forever

It’s funny how just one little day
Can so define us on our way
Through life together you and I
I often stop to wonder why
I got so lucky after all these years
Of times alone so filled with fears
But then, I shrug and feel blessed
Since I somehow passed time’s stern test
And the prize I won now fills my soul
I once was part and now am whole
Thank you, dear, you’re my present
And my future bright and pleasant
My life came true because of you
On the fifth of February, ‘82
THANK YOU
~ADV, 1982
Here are some pictures from Saturday. I never even thought to take out the camera on Friday.


If you want to read more about my day in a more professional sort of way. . . Check out Art's Examiner article.

No comments:

Post a Comment