Friday, April 9, 2010

Beautiful Packaging

I have been wanting to do this post for a while, but I have been crazy busy. Today, I made time. I love this idea by Mandi on Elsie Flannigans's Blog: A Recycled Kraft Package. Mandi gives us a tutorial of how to turn a regular paper sack into a beautiful mailing envelope. I love it. I love it. I love it. It is free and a great way to customize your packages. I used to just slap a sticker on the outside of a store bought envelope. But, now I think these babies might just be my new signature. . . time allowing. But, lets not stop there . . . .

Now, let's look at Geninne's way to decorate this brown packages. She uses hand carved stamps to really personalize her envelopes. Talk about inspiring! She even provides a few tutorials of how to make one for yourself.

Geninne's New Trio Post

Geninne also make these doily stamps. This was hook, line, and sinker for me. I need to go to Hobby Lobby to get myself all the supplies that I need. But, Hobby Lobby is an hour away :(
Geninne's Doily Post
For more of Geninne's hand carved stamps check out her flickr collection.

Now, if you really have time on your hands and love to paint look at Pamgarrison's Brown Paper Package Post using brown paper and calligraphic inks.
Now, we must remember to ask for paper instead of plastic the next time we are out shopping. And to start thinking and sketching ideas to personalize your mailing packages. I can't wait to see all your guys ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment