Saturday, April 24, 2010

Photo Organization and mini DIY

Today I wanted to share with you how I organize my photos that I need to scrapbook.
I found an ugly recipe box for a couple of dollars (it had chickens on it). I wasn't too worried about what the box looked like because I wanted to add my own spin on it. Once I got home, I selected two different scrapbooking papers and picked one for the box and one for the lid. The papers I used are from the brand Kaleidoscope. Then, I used mod podge to glue and seal the papers to the box. Once it was dry, I selected a chipboard frame from SEI and just glued the very outside edges to the top of the lid while leaving one edge unglued so I could slip a photo inside of it.
Now, I have a few different steps for my organizational madness. First, I organize my pictures from an event like Salt Lake City or Snowman. After those pictures are scrapbooked and if I have extra pictures of people then those pictures get put into another category like aunts, me, Laura (my sister), etc. Once my pictures are sorted. I added a little tab to the top of a recipe card. For my tab, I just wrote my title on sturdy white paper, cut it out making sure I left the bottom a little longer so that I could tape it to the recipe card.
Done! How do you organize your photos? I have been wanting to put all the extras into a photo album and add quotes to each page or picture but that will be 'someday.'

1 comment: