Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Russian Tea

Do you have something that you eat or drink that reminds you of "home?" Russian tea is that thing for me. I forgot how much I loved it until Art bought me a homemade jar of it as a gift while he was out of state a couple months ago. One afternoon, I needed something hot besides coffee and regular tea so I cracked open the Russian tea jar that he gave me. Once I tasted that hot sweetness, I knew I had tasted it before, and then it came to me: home. All my childhood memories came rushing back to me. My mom always had a jar in cupboard. It was always a treat for me when I made myself a cup because I knew that my mom had put all the ingredients together with love so she too could taste the sweetness in her mouth. It was something we could share together. Now, 15 years later and I am enjoying my childhood and a connection with my mom again. I am so happy that I was able to remember this memory all thanks to a jar that Art gave me as a "I am thinking of you" gift.



thimblythings

Here is the recipe that my mom uses it is by Kathy Hunter:

Russian Tea

2 c. Tang
1 c. Instant tea
1 c. White sugar
1 pkg. Wyler's lemonade mix
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Cloves

Mix together. Put 1 teaspoon in a cup of hot water or to taste.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature!

    I love all the other teacups/mugs too.

    I've never heard of russian tea, but I love trying new teas so I might just have a go at making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for featuring my mugs! Russian Tea is actually a traditional drink for my husband's family. I'd never heard of it before we got married, but now I've had it quite a few times. Good stuff!

    Have a lovely day! :)Kristena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had Russian Tea before, but now I'll have to try it!!!

    Sarah
    simplyprettyprints.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the mugs! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete