Thursday, May 13, 2010

Altered Book

Monday I went to Salvation Army and found a book to alter. Yes, another one of my ideas. But I have been inspired by Donna Downey and her inspiration Wednesdays. She cuts text out of books as part of her inspiration. But, I love that thought of highlighting certain words and painting around them to create a masterpiece. Copperinc did a fantastic job of showcasing what I am trying to say. The book I purchased is called Legacy of Love by Julia Davis (the copyright is 1961). It is quite old but I loved the title since I am all about the love and romance. I am curious to see where this book will take me and I am looking forward to all the nights of trying to select phases/sentences/quotes to use as inspiration on my pages. I think this will be a perfect bedtime activity.



Has anyone else tried this?

1 comment:

  1. i have done a few pages but i love this!!! I dont know if i would do it to a paperback.. I might find a hardback book thats small enough and bad enough (plot wise) otherwise id feel terrible for doing this to a book

    ReplyDelete